The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
PERFECT FOR FIRST-TIME SHOOTERS
This class is an NRA Approved Course and qualifies for Oregon's "Concealed Handgun Certification".
Teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and operating a pistol safely.
NRA Basic Pistol Safety & Shooting Course - 8 Hour Class (Classroom Time Plus Live Fire Range)
This course is at least 6-hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn the rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate.
NOTE: The course is open to anyone over the age of 12 (minors MUST be accompanied by a PAYING guardian enrolled in the class)
Click the CLASS SIGNUP to the left to sign up for the class. You can pay prior to the class if you wish. You may also pay at the time of the class. Payment must be made in full in order to receive your credentials and credit for the class.
CLASS COST: $145 plus $7 Range Fee
NOTE: A $50 deposit is required to reserve your spot in the class.
Class taught by our Certified NRA Instructors
Cash, bank money order, Paypal, and credit cards accepted!
WHAT TO BRING:
1. A positive attitude and a desire to learn how to operate a handgun safely.
2. Eye and ear protection.
3. Ballistic/safety glasses and earplugs/earmuffs are required while on the range.
4. A handgun (pistol or revolver) in any caliber allowed at the range. For a list see the approved cartridges list.
5. Ammunition. At least 150 rounds of brand new (non-reloaded) ammunition is required. Inexpensive Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) "range ammo" such as "Winchester White Box" is perfectly fine. You can put your name on a list at Wal-Mart. Use them to your benefit. I was able to purchase boxes of 9 mm and .40 cal target ammo for $10.00 a box. That's a good price, given the recent events. You can buy up to 3 boxes at a time. Call if you have questions regarding ammo purchases.
6. Cleaning supplies including a cleaning rod, jags and bore-brush for your caliber, cleaning solution, gun oil and cleaning patches (synthetic or cotton). If you do not know what type of cleaning kit to buy, send an email to
7. A hat with a brim such as a baseball cap or similar.
8. Sack lunch (You may also go away for lunch - Several restaurants and markets are nearby).
9. The knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to organizing, conducting, and supervising safe shooting activities and range operations.
INCLUDED IN THE COURSE:
Students will receive all course materials and course completion certificate, notepad and pens. Lunch will NOT be provided. Please bring a sack lunch or make alternate plans to go out. Regular breaks and a lunch break will be given.
INSTRUCTORS - David Cunningham and Elizabeth Cunningham
Contact us regarding this class: 541-499-4706